College Corner/Career Corner
High School CEEB code: 331-795, this is needed for College applications and SAT and ACT registration.
***Students and families can get personal assistance with their FAFSA and other financial aid questions through:
Colleges Visiting NAC
November 3, 2016-SUNY Plattsburgh 10:00am
College Open Houses
Schedule of SUNY Fall Open Houses: The link below will take you to the schedule for this Fall.
Have you taken your PSAT then go to:
This site provides excellent SAT review opportunities for you. Use your PSAT personal access code to get feedback on areas they you need to focus on to improve your scores on the SAT.
Khan Academy SAT preparation:https://www.khanacademy.org/sat
SAT Prep Plattsburgh State: April 3,5,17,19,24,26 and May 1 and 3. No classes week of April 10. Register at https://fs30.formsite.com/katechilton/form21/index.html
cost $175 space is limited.
Not sure what you want to do after high school or how to get ready for college then go to big future to make a plan:
Career Clusters of the Month-Each month follow the links to find out more about potential career options in each of the 16 clusters
Wonder what careers are growing in our struggling economy then take a look at:
Links for College/Career Information
Career Related Links
- Chronicle Guidance-Allows students to research and explore careers alphabetically or by title-See Mr. McAfee for login information.
- Vocational Biographies-Allows students to read biographical stories of people who are employed in various careers-See Mr. McAfee for login information
- CDM Careerzone-A resource which can be used with Career Decision Maker results. Can research job titles of explore alphabetical listing of careers. A website that contains information about various career options including the necessary job skills, tasks and knowledge needed for each career. Also has job outlook information and associated education requirements.
- NY Careerzone- A New York State sponsored website which students can use to create a career portfolio, complete a career interest inventory or research creers and NY state job outlook and salary information.
- Jobs Made Real-A website of career videos where students can get an idea about what people do in certain careers.
- My Next Move-U.S. Department of Labor career research site. Provides information on required abilities, outlook and required education.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook-This site has information provided by the federal government from the Occupational Outlook Handbook. This handbook gives students information on the type of training, education, average salary, working conditions, tasks that people perform that do the job and the anticipated growth or expected openings in a particular field.
- ONET- This is another site where students can research occupations by name. This site contains national statistics on employment trends as well as job tasks, skills needed, level of education required, and salary ranges, etc.
- iseek A site where you can explore careers, assess your career interests and search for jobs
- Careeronestop-Provides career information and search options
- Careership-Explore careers by cluster, match interests to careers and search careers
College/Scholarship Related Links
- FAFSA Online- Federal Financial Aid form that should be filled out after January 1st of your senior year
- Financial Award Letter Comparison Tool
- Smart Track- A New York State site which provides financial literacy information and tools to help studnets and familes understand financial aid and debt
- FAST Web Scholarship Database -Scholarship database search to search and apply for different scholarships
- Cappex-College and Scholarship Search site
- Mapping Your Future-Resources and information on college admission and planning for college
- HESC Online- Find information or apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), New York State financial aid. Also has College Price Comparison tool to evaluate the best deal following financial aid.
- SAT/College Search -Information for the SAT entrance exam, also can search for colleges based on different search criteria such as college size, type, majors
- Petersons-College and Scholarship Search site
- College Confidential-College Search Site with forums and interactive tools
- SallieMae- College planning tools and scholarship search
- Super College-Scholarship and College search site
- Scholarships.com-Scholarship Search and database
- ACT -Information for the ACT college entrance exam
- NEXT STEP U-Scholarship/College Searches. College planning information and decision tools
- Studentscholarships.org-Another resource for scholarship searches and listings.
- School Soup- Scholarship search site
- March2Sucess-Sponsored by the US ARMY has SAT review and College information
- Number2.com-A Site with free SAT and ACT test prep
- Consumer Reports-Guide to Chosing Colleges-A guide for parents and students with steps for chosing and evaluating colleges.
- ASVAB- Military Career Exploration Tool that Sophomores take and Juniors and Seniors can take if they are considering a military career. Give students information on both their abilities (aptitudes) and interests. Has civilian and military job information. Students receive a code to access the site once they take the test.
- College Navigator-College search site with information from The National Center for Educational Statistics.
- College Prowler-College and Scholarship search site.
- My Road by Collegeboard- A college planning website sponsored by Collegeboard.
- Collegeview-Information on colleges and majors
- US News-Has rankings of colleges
- Forbes-Has College rankings
- Army ROTC-Army ROTC scholarship program due January 10 of each year. October 7th is deadline for first awards.
- Clarkson ROTC-The Army Air Force Clarkson ROTC program.
CAP(College Advancement Program)- Information about Clinton Community College Courses offered in high school. Includes student handbook for students who are enrolled in classes during their junior and senior years.
College Application Sites
Clinton Community College
North Country Community College
Common Colleges Students Apply To